Flipkart is expected to launch its smartphone in India later this week, according to reports. The company has launched a landing page for the Flipkart MarQ M3 Smart, which is expected to be the country’s newest budget smartphone. All details about the upcoming smartphone are expected to be revealed on Saturday, September 25, when the device is set to launch in India. The device will be the first smartphone under Flipkart’s own MarQ sub-brand, which has previously been used to sell items like peripherals, televisions, and accessories.
Flipkart MarQ M3 Smart: key details
Flipkart has revealed that the MarQ M3 Smart has 32GB of internal storage and a 6.1-inch HD+ display, among other features. The device appears to have a U-shaped notch in the teaser posters, with the bottom notch being quite thick – indicating that this will most likely be a budget device. Another indication of the phone’s low cost is the HD+ screen resolution.
Apart from that, the MarQ M3 Smart has two rear cameras and is powered by a 5,000mAh battery. Other features have yet to be revealed, but given that the smartphone will be released in two days, it won’t be long before we learn everything there is to know about it. The storage space can also be expanded up to 256GB, but it’s unclear whether the phone will have dual SIM support or a dedicated memory card slot. The smartphone is also available in two color options: black and blue, with a price tag of Rs 7,999.
It will be interesting to see how the device is received in the crowd of established competitors once it is released. Devices from OEMs such as Xiaomi’s Redmi sub-brand, the Realme C series, Samsung’s entry-level M series phones, and so on dominate the sub-Rs 10,000 price bracket. While MarQ will be a newcomer to the field, it will be interesting to see if it can capitalize on the Flipkart brand’s recognition in India to attract customers.
By the end of this week, we’ll know all of the specifications, as well as when the smartphone will be available in India and how much it will cost.
- Xiaomi CIVI Design Renders, Specs Leaked Ahead of Official Launch
- Moto G20 Tablet Confirmed to Launch in India on September 30, Specs Revealed on Flipkart
- Samsung Galaxy F42 5G to Launch in India on September 29
- iQOO Z5 Launched With 120Hz Refresh Rate Display, Snapdragon 778G
- Samsung Galaxy S is the new Galaxy Note Series, Tipster Claims
- Motorola Moto G20 Tablet Expected to Launch in India on September 30
- Redmi G 2021 Gaming Laptop Launched with 144Hz Display, 16GB RAM, Intel, and AMD CPUs
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G with 120Hz AMOLED Display, Snapdragon 870 5G SoC Launched
- Google Pixel 6 Pro Prototype Leaked in Hands-on Video