The excitement for Far Cry 6 is building as the game approaches – and players can’t wait to get their hands on it and see what kind of open-world shenanigans Ubisoft has in store. Far Cry 5 will be free-to-play this week, possibly in an attempt to build anticipation and possibly even attract new players unfamiliar with the series.
For the first time in the series’ history, Far Cry 5 is set in the United States, and players take control of a user-created character to fight a dangerous cult. Much of what makes the series so enjoyable – tight gunplay, open-ended missions, and levels – is retained, along with a healthy dose of dramatic and epic storytelling.
This week, Far Cry 5 will be available for free on PS4, PS5, Xbox One X/S, PC, and Google Stadia
Players will need an account on Ubisoft Connect to download Far Cry 5 for free this week on PC. Players can sign up for an account using the Ubisoft Connect app or the web browser, and they’ll be able to link their PSN, Xbox Live, or Nintendo Switch accounts.
On August 5, the game will become free-to-play and will remain so until August 9. During the free week, players will be able to play the single-player campaign as well as co-op. Start times for each platform are as follows:
- starting August 5 at 6 a.m. PT / 9 a.m. ET / 6:30 p.m. IST on PC (Ubisoft Store)
- Starting August 5 at 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. BT / 10:30 p.m. IST on PC (Epic Games Store).
- Starting August 5 at 12:01 a.m. PT / 3:01 a.m. ET / 8:01 a.m. BT / 12:31 a.m. IST on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.
- Starting August 5 at 12:01 a.m. PT / 3:01 a.m. ET / 8:01 a.m. BT / 12:31 a.m. IST on Xbox Series X and S, as well as Xbox One.
- Starting August 5 at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET/6 p.m. BT on Google Stadia
Aside from being free, players can get a huge discount on the game on all of the platforms mentioned above.