Xiaomi has the habit of basically re-launching the same phone in different markets with different names, and this is the case for the Redmi Note 9S: this is the global version of the Redmi Note 9 Pro, with Snapdragon 720G processor, quad-camera with 48 sensor megapixels, large 5.020 mAh battery and headphone jack.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S features a 6.67-inch IPS screen with Full-HD + resolution. The 16-megapixel front camera is located in a hole centered at the top of the display. The fingerprint reader is positioned on the side.
The 5,020 mAh battery promises up to 16 hours of web browsing and up to 13 hours of gaming. The Redmi Note 9S has the Snapdragon 720G processor, an intermediate model designed for gamers, and up to 6 GB of RAM.
The internal storage can be expanded by a microSD card up to 512 GB. The chip tray is triple: it can fit two nanoSIM chips and the memory card at the same time. The quad camera’s sensors are arranged in a square at the rear. The main sensor is a 48-megapixel Samsung GM2; there is also an 8 MP sensor with a wide-angle lens; 5 MP sensor with a macro lens; and depth sensor for portraits.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S arrives in April
The Redmi Note 9S will be available on AliExpress in April, with a special discount on the 7th and 8th; these will be the prices:
4 + 64 GB: $ 249 (roughly Rs. 13,700) ($ 199 at flash sale)
6 + 128 GB: $ 279 (roughly Rs. 15,000) ($ 239 at flash sale)
The phone will be sold in blue (Aurora Blue), white (Glacier White) and black (Interstellar Black). There will also be a special edition with the Mi Fans Festival logo on the back: 2,020 units will be produced worldwide; the price has not been revealed.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S (Redmi Note 9 Pro) – specs:
- Screen: 6.67 inch IPS LCD, Full-HD + (2400 x 1080), Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G, Adreno 618
- RAM and storage: 4 GB + 64 GB or 6 GB + 128 GB, LPDDR4X, UFS 2.1, microSD up to 512 GB
- Quadruple rear camera:
- main: 48 megapixel, Samsung ISOCELL Bright GM2 sensor, f / 1.79
- wide-angle: 8 megapixels, 119 degrees, f / 2.2
- macro: 5 megapixels, focal length from 2 cm to 10 cm
- depth: 2 megapixels, f / 2.4
- 4K video recording at 30 fps, 1080p at 120 fps and 720p at 960 fps
- Front camera: 16 megapixel, f / 2.48
- Battery: 5,020 mAh, 18 W fast charging, charger included in the box
- Operating system: MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- More: digital reader on the side, 3.5 mm headphone jack, USB-C, infrared blaster, 802.11ac Wi-Fi with 2 × 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, 4G dual-chip
- Dimensions and weight: 165.7 x 76.6 x 8.8 mm, 209 g